On 5 days notice, to fill in for an ailing pianist colleague, I was off to Western Canada with bass-baritone, Dan Lichti. Although we had never performed together before, the musical partnership came together very nicely. Dan has sung Winterreise numerous times, and has a deep connection with the piece. I had recorded the cycle back in 2000, also with a bass-baritone (Germany-based Canadian, Paul Sketris) and was thrilled to be able to immerse myself in the masterpiece again.
Our itinerary comprised a mixture of performances and master classes, and even gave us a few days off in between. A great time of year to be away from Ontario's extreme winter weather...and even Manitoba was relatively balmy while we were there!
- February 12, Masterclasses, 11 am – 1 pm and 2 pm – 4 pm at University of Alberta
- February 11, 8 pm concert Convocation Hall, Arts Building, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB
- February 10, 4 pm Recital for Music Majors at Trinity Western University, Langley, BC
- February 6, 8 pm concert at Bakerview Church, Abottsford, BC, produced by Calvin Dyck
- February 5, 2:30-3:30 Masterclass: Piano/Voice Song Collaboration, UVic
- February 4, 8 pm concert in Phillip T. Young Recital Hall, University of Victoria, Victoria, BC
- February 3, private house concert, Victoria, BC
- January 31, 2016, 2:30 pm concert for Prairie Performances, Muriel Richardson Auditorium
- January 29, 2016, 2:45-4:30 pm Masterclass at Canadian Mennonite University, Winnipeg, MA
- January 28, 2016, 5-7 pm Masterclass at Brandon University, Brandon, MA